Oscar Wilde| The picture of Dorian Gray quotes and quotations
Oscar Wilde, The picture of Dorian Gray Quotes
Below you will find a collection of quotes from Oscar Wilde, The picture of Dorian Gray ; as you will see Oscar Wilde, The picture of Dorian Gray had many interesting sayings and quotations so please enjoy!
- A grand passion is the privelege of people who have nothing to do.
- Nothing can cure the soul but the senses| just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.
- Beauty is the wonder of wonders. It is only the shallow people who do not judge by appearances.
- We are not sent into the world to air our moral prejudices.
- Knowledge would be fatal| it is the uncertainty that charms one. A mist makes things beautiful.
- She is a peacock in everything but beauty.
- Sin is the only real colour element left in modern life.
- One should absorb the colour of life| but one should never remember its details. Details are always vulgar.
- …my dear boy| no woman is a genius. They are a decorative sex. They never have anything to say| but they say it charmingly. Women represent the triumph of matter over mind| just as men represent the triumph of mind over morals.
- Being natural is simply a pose.
- When critics disagree the artist is in accord with himself.