Quick Facts -24
Quick Facts – 24
Welcome to another series of quick facts. We hope you enjoy!
- There are more Greeks living outside of Greece than inside it! Melbourne has the highest Greek population other than Athens or Thessaloniki. Melbourne is actually twinned with Thessaloniki.
- On some Caribbean islands, the oysters can climb trees.
- In the 1930’s, American track star Jesse Owens used to race against horses and dogs to earn a living.
- It takes up to four hours to hard boil an ostrich egg.
- The earth rotates more slowly on its axis in March than in September.
- Murder is the only crime that does NOT increase during the full moon. Theft, disorderly conduct, larceny, armed robbery, assault and battery, and rape all statistically increase dramatically during the full moon.
- Less than 10% of criminals commit about 67% of all crime.
- 7,000 new insect species are discovered every year.
- In ancient Rome it was considersed a sign of leadership to be born with a crooked nose
- No president of the United States was an only child.
- Giant Panda Bears give birth to a 4 ounce Baby Panda!
- Research indicates that babies who suck on pacifiers are more prone to ear aches.
- The MGM Grand Hotel of Las Vegas washes 15,000 pillowcases per day!
- All bonobo chimpanzees are bisexual
- If China imported just 10% of it’s rice needs- the price on the world market would increase by 80%.