Quick Facts -7
Quick Facts – 7
Welcome to another collection of our quick facts! We hope you enjoy our latest edition
- The quills of a porcupine are soft when they are born.
- If you were to roll a lung from a human body and out flat it would be the size of a tennis court.
- At one ‘feeding’, a mosquito can absorb one and a half times its own weight in blood.
- Linen can absorb up to 20 times its weight in moisture before it feels damp!
- By 3,000 B.C. there were at least six different types of beer in Egypt.
- Yahoo! was originally called ‘Jerry’s Guide to the World Wide Web’.
- If a Lobster loses an eye, it will grow another one.
- Even Antarctica has an area code. It’s 672.
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830’s as medicine.
- Che Guevara suffered from asthma!
- In Tokyo, a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
- If your stomach didn’t produce a new layer of mucous every two weeks, it would digest itself.
- Oak trees are struck by lightning more than any other tree.
- The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people!
- In the great fire of London, in 1666, half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were injured.
- A polar bear’s skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
- When he was only 13, Johnny Depp lost his virginity to a girl slightly older than him.