More quick interesting fun facts
Welcome to our quick interesting fun facts series, today we are bring you facts about comets , what micky mouse was originally called and what was in a World War I ration box!
- The word “comet” originates from the Greek word “kometes” which translates as “long hair” and referring to the tail
- The average price for a major league baseball game in 2004 is $19.82, in comparsion to watch Arsenal FC in the English Premier League it would cost £96 ($156.09) nearly 10 times as much!
- The hydra, which is related to the jellyfish, has the ability to grow its body back in a 2 days if it is cut in half!
- Part of a solidars rationing during World War 1 included cigarettes!
- There are a type of banana called “Red banana” that are maroon to dark purple in colour when ripe
- The USA bought Alaska from Russia for 2 cents an acre. On March 30, 1867, Secretary of State William H. Seward agreed to purchase Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million. At the time, critics thought Seward was crazy and called the deal “Seward’s folly.”
- Walt Disney had originally suggested using the name Mortimer Mouse instead of Mickey Mouse
- Ramses II, a pharaoh of Egypt who died in 1225 B.C, at the time of his death, he had fathered 96 sons and 60 daughters!
- The chemical name for caffeine is 1,3,7-trimethylzantihine